* Leads or supports problem investigations and/or design reviews for new or existing systems and technologies related to the manufacturing environment. Creates technical summaries and presents results of activities, including recommendations.
* Investigates, researches, and/or analyzes new technology to resolve the need for modifications or improvement to existing equipment/systems.
* Determines the feasibility of introducing new equipment, processes, or technologies into the current production environment.
* Working knowledge of automated production equipment or systems, such as instruments, controls, controls, wireless net-works and electrical systems.
* Designs, develops, assembles, and tests prototype systems for new/ improved functions and/or processes. Analyzes data to verify efficiency/ reliability of prototypes.
* Creates new or modified system designs. Develops conceptual ideas into practical applications for the production environ-ment (systems for process optimization, automation, inspection, packaging, etc.).
* Determines applicability to current and future systems and/ or processes (ANSI, RIA, NFPA, NEC, etc).
* Works with a team to perform Risk Assessments to ensure compliance with OSHA and industry consensus standards (ANSI, RIA, NFPA, ISO, etc.).
* Working knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of statistical, data analysis, and artificial intelligence systems. Systems such as but not limited to, Bayesian networks, machine learning (regression, classification, and clustering models), deep learning, convolutional neural networks.